Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Final Thoughts on Election Night 2009

We live in a great democracy, as we demonstrate every year with peaceful elections and peaceful transitions of power. Every year, I am proud and amazed by this country, regardless of the winners and losers in a given year.

This was a good night for the GOP and a bad night for the Democrats. Whether the implications are broad or narrow remains to be seen. But one thing is for sure...there is no political system that I would rather be a part of than ours.

Thanks to everyone for joining me tonight. I am humbled and gratified that you have found at least some of my analysis and thoughts interesting, thought-provoking or useful.

Much more to come on the results and their implications in the coming days.

Have a great night and God Bless America.

No comments: